Saturday 14 May 2011

The Octopus at the rocks

When we were at Manaba Margate in 2010 we were at a tidal swimming pool, looking at the ocean and so on. I was as usually looking around in the smaller pools for al kinds of stuff. Sooner the others went back to the apartment but I asked if I can stay and they said yes so I went on looking for stuff and all the sudden someone said there was an Octopus over there! I went running to the apartment to tell the others. When we got back there My dad took a picture and after that I catched it with a net just to look at it for a while. It escaped and I had to catch it again. Once we had it again we putted it into a smaller tidal pool and watched it consuming big crabs leaving the hard exoskeleton behind. As the rest were watching I was calling some other people to come and watch. We watched it eating the one crab after another. It consumed 5 big crabs leaving just the shells behind. As we were watching more people came to watch it eating more and more big crabs and not just crabs but also sea snails. This video shows the octopus after it has bean eating and leaving the crabs exoskeleton behind.



This photo shows were the octopus escaped from my net.

1 comment:

  1. Oulik, sal dit vir Simeon moet wys, ons het nou baie geleer van krappe - hulle ook by die see gesien.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete